Friday, April 27, 2012

New City

This is what I am thankful for this past week...or two...it's been a while...

For the Farewald family for adopting me.  Wendy, for cooking me meals, Rad for watching the Flyers games with me, and Quinne for organizing my social life.  It's nice to not have to think about my free time, Quinne has it all planned out for me!

For Ultimate being a superb way of getting my body moving and not thinking about school/kids

For Jason Mraz's new album.  When the radio fails, he has my back.



For placing my name plate on a teacher's desk!  I have totally moved into the classroom and made myself at home.  I am testing my newly acquired organization skills and getting to know the kids.

For the kids; making me giggle with one quote about Pokemon spoken in a lisp or "not to be racist or anything, but don't vote for Obama because he then the gas prices will be $10.00 per gallon."  They may challenge me all day long, but when they make me laugh, it is all better.

For practicing fluency with the 4th graders by reading an "argument" between a horse trainer and the student rider. It was hilarious, listening to my kids act it out.  They have a lot of practice, I guess.

For the other 4th grade teachers helping me learn the ropes of running a classroom and other school business.  There is so much to learn!

For one of my kids, who I know is homeless, having the greatest imagination and interest in learning.  She is sweet to everyone and is a great friend.  You would never know that she has a difficult home life.

What's hot right now:



For Baltimore ultimate players:  The best weekend I have had in a while at Cape Henlopen, DE!  I am thankful that a group of people, some of whom had never met, could play well together, be positive, and work together to make meals and have a nice night.  I am feeling quite welcomed into the ultimate community here now.
For SJ organizing the whole weekend!

I will try to do a better job of blogging...just been extremely busy with figuring out my new life.  It seems that even when I'm not teaching, my mind is preoccupied with thoughts about teaching.  It is the best kind of busy ever!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment