Sunday, March 18, 2012

Freshness

Things I am thankful for from the last two weeks:

"Problems are like a box of Crackerjack.  If you look close enough you will find a prize."

A zebra on a farm along Rt. 15 in Maryland...whaaaat?

Two more awesome cafes: The Frederick Coffee Company and Cafe and Java's Brewin' in Limerick, PA

Biking the Perkiomen Trail in warm weather

heaven in a bowl
Em's version of the Pepperjack Tomato Soup at Isaac's:
1 onion chopped, sauteed in EVOO
Add 1 can diced tomatoes, 2 cans condensed tomato soup
1 1/2 cups milk
1 tsp sugar, dried basil, paprika
1/2 tsp garlic powder
BOIL
Turn down heat and melt in 6 oz cream cheese and 8 oz pepperjack (cubes)
add hot sauce to taste
Put croutons on top just like they do at Isaac's!!

First free toes of the season: flip-flops have returned

Buds and blooms and beer outside

Cousins who provide a bed and wonderful meals, and friends who spend their Sunday helping you fix the car.

Beauty
Blended celebrations with awesome people (Happy Birthday Michelle and Happy St. Pat's!)

My car NOT popping a tire on the Schuylkill Expressway

I never thought I would say this, but, I am thankful for McDonald's and Walmart.  McDonald's is always available when you need a place to pee on a long trip.  Walmart is always open, and therefore is the place to take the car when you need new tires on a Sunday.

The Naked and Famous - Young Blood

No comments:

Post a Comment