Oh Great Spirit, grant that I may never criticize my brother or my sister until I have walked the trail of life in their moccasins. - Adapted from a Cherokee prayer
I have been spending most of my time at school, preparing for the kids. I tend to be thinking about school if I am not actually there. For now, in the beginning of the year, I think it is healthy to be so involved. But, I cannot give 12 hours of my day every day for the rest of the school year. I am just thankful that I have the job in the first place. It has been a dream of mine for 15 years, so it's about time. :)
I am thankful for a wonderful team of teachers at my school. I am grateful for being placed next door to a teacher who has more years of teaching experience than I have years on Earth. I am excited for spending the next 9 months with a great fourth grade team.
| It's official |
I am thankful for the chance to meet other new teachers at orientation. I found another ultimate player, a STEM teacher who offered to send me a lot of great ideas, and I found a new roommate! Also, it feels so good to know that there are other people in my moccasins. We all sat through day after day of orientation, concerned about the coming weeks, becoming more and more wide-eyed with too much information.
I am thankful for my students. After all of the stress of creating a classroom environment and planning the first day of school, when the children walked through the "door," it all became real. I remembered why I wanted this job in the first place. I love the kiddos! They are respectful, funny and interested in learning. Plus, for some reason they think I'm funny!
I am thankful for family. Honestly, I don't know what I would do without them! It is amazing how powerful it can be to be surrounded by so many loving family members. It is most evident how strong our connection is when we are together at the most difficult time. I am proud to be part of the legacy. Despite the tears and nasty tissues, that day was a perfect tribute to my grandfather. Thank you Granddad. I love you.
I am thankful for my friends. Thank you K&G for a great 10 months in Schwenksville. Now I get to live with one of my best friends. I had help from four good-looking men moving into my new place! Michelle lives close by now and she is walking in my moccasins. I am lucky to already have a team full of friends in Maryland. Also, I now get to meet new people! I have sweet neighbors, one of whom gave me a "Joe Forman" grill and another offered a TV. Finally, I am thankful for Lady Hype Night. Let's make that happen again!
No comments:
Post a Comment